cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA - Max Latency?

LuckyAces
Level 1
Level 1

Hope everyone is doing well, any feedback is appreciated.

Scenario:

New office in the country of Chile will be receiving a couple of 8851 phones that are to register over the internet (MRA/Expressway) as the office will not be getting a network router/switches solution at this time.

Our nearest Expressway Cluster is in Las Vegas, US - going off web-based ping sites the average round-trip latency is 195ms.

Question:

Will the phones even register?

I've been searching the web but have been unable for find hard data for the max latency between end-point > Expressway > CUCM.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK it's the same as on-prem, below 150 ms as explained in the SRND.

No way to answer your question, you'd need to POC it and make sure it works fine and the user experience is good, and they don't see a noticeable delay when dialing or in the voice.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK it's the same as on-prem, below 150 ms as explained in the SRND.

No way to answer your question, you'd need to POC it and make sure it works fine and the user experience is good, and they don't see a noticeable delay when dialing or in the voice.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime - would that be 150ms to the CUCM-Subscriber? (In my situation there is an additional 20ms from Expressway to CUCM).

Phone----(190ms)---> Collab-Edge ---(20ms)--->CallManager

It would seem we are way above any-kind of 150ms Threshold.
Voice quality will be another issue but even for internal-office dialing I question whether the phones will hold registration/download TFTP config.

Thanks agin.