cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink Frame Relay and VoFR Compatibility

KDalton
Level 1
Level 1

I am expanding my companies frame relay network. At our central site we are adding several T1's that will be bonded using multilink frame-relay. We currently use VoFR for toll by-pass to our 12 remote sites. But I have been told that multilink frame relay will not work with VoFR on the same interface. I have scoured Cisco's docs and cannot find any reference to FRF16 and FRF11. I do understand that FRF.16 does not support FRF.12, that is clearly stated in the release notes.

I am planning to buy a new 3825 for my central site, but I'm told that I need to replace all of my remote site routers (cirently MC3810) with 2811's (big $$) and switch to VoIP if I want to keep my toll by-pass option.

I know eventually I will need to replace the 3810's as they are EOL. But they work great right now and I am not even close to exceeding there capacity.

So if FRF.16 and FRF.11 are NOT mutually exclusive will this work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Have a look at the Designing and Deploying Multilink PPP over Frame Relay and ATM document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk692/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b6098.shtml