cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI non-primary line

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a phone with two lines on it. One is the users' extension, and the user has voicemail.

The second is a line that is a hunt group member. If the hunt group doesn't answer, it goes to voicemail. I have alternate MWI set up, but the light doesn't come on (although Unity does attempt to dial it).

If I dial 1998 (my one and only MWI-on number, with a CSS that includes all internal lines) it lights up the lamp and envelope icon. 1989 turns it off.

If I dial 1998 from line 2 (the hunt group member) there's no change and the call gets a reorder tone.

Neither line has a CSS (they inherit from the device) and both are in the same partition.

I've tried changing the MWI policy on the lines to light & prompt, then gone back to system policy and tried changing the clusterwide paramter to 'light and prompt' from 'primary line - light and prompt', but no luck either way....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

For the record, I was running CM 4.0(2) SR1a, upgrading to the SR2a release fixed my problem.

MWI now works fine in accordance with the policies set for the system.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thats good to know. 4.02 had so many issues, which were not fixed until the first few SR's.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus