cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Won't turn off.

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Unified Messaging Exchange 5.5 <br>Unity 3.03<br>TSP 3.0.4<br>CCM 3.1<br><br>Ok here is a change of pace. Usually everyone is trying to figure out why MWI won't work. Well....... I have a situation where I can't get MWI on two IP Phones to shut off. Go figure..... The Unity account has been deleted from Unity. There is no reference on the CCM account indicating voicemail, etc. I just got done upgrading from 2.46 to 3.03 (Exported and imported users). Same problem<br><br><br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

If you want to extinguish the lamp just enter the MessageWaitingOff DN on the phone you want to turn off the MWI. Is this what you are looking for?

Not applicable

I have 4 or 5 subscribers whose MWI will not shut off either. This is a standalone system (no UM) and all subscribers having the problem have been deleted and recreated at some point. Unity 3.02, CCM 312c and TSP 3.04.

Not applicable

Were the deleted subscribers readded with the same extension? Does their voicemail work fine otherwise? What have you done to troubleshoot this so far?

For the subscribers whose MWI won't go off, what is the status for their MWI, found on their SA Message page? If it is On and they don't have any new messages, then their is a problem deeper down in the system. If it is Off, click Refresh Status button, it will send out and MWI off packet to that users extension. You can also Resynch MWI for all users at once from the Switch page.

Not applicable

VM works fine otherwise. The status on the SA page is on when they do not have messages. I have tried resynch without success. I believe I have a bigger problem as now I have deleted one of these subscribers myself and after recreation, when I try to leave a message for this subscriber, I get the infamous "I'm sorry, the system is..."
I have a TAC case open as well.

Not applicable

I also got the same problem. What is the TAC case number? I want to take as a reference/

Not applicable

I am having a similar problem. Each time I resynch the MWI all of the phones MWI's turn on. I tried to reset the MWI on each phone with no luck. The behavior is like this, when create a test VM from the outside world the VM goes to my Inbox and the MWI does not trun on. I go to my Inbox or check my voice mail from the phone and the light turns on. I delete the message and the light does not turn off and the indicator in Unity is Off and a refresh does not fix it. I have verified the CM Service has the correct on/off numbers and the TSP has the correct on/off numbers.

Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric McManamy

sepelletier
Level 1
Level 1

Pick up the handset dial 7402 to turn the MWI off.
Pick up the handset dial 7401 to turn the MWI on.