cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name Display integration between Nortel Meridian and CCM

dgrowlands
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone provide direction on integrating Call manager with a Nortel Meridian PBX such that name display works when making calls between handsets connected to each system?

23 Replies 23

Barney,

can you also provide h/w details of your PBX and a complete config?

regards,

Daran.

Are the people that are successfully doing this using public or private ISDN on the Nortel. I have public only and was told I needed to upgrade to private in order to make this work.

Thanks!!!!

Tim

Are you using public or private ISDN networking on your Nortel? I'm told that mine will not work because I only have public. Thanks!

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave,

we are also using a Lucent Definity PBX and primary-net5 signaling.Is there a possibility that we could pass the name display over the Lucent phones? We use a 3660 gw.

Regards,

Yanna

I haven't tried primary-net5 signaling with a Definity G3 PBX before to see if name display works or not. It definitely works using other types such as dms100 or ni. You might want to look at debug isdn q931 on the router for an inbound and outbound call, and look at the SETUP messages to see if you see something like "Display i = 'Yanna'"

I am trying to set up a WSX6608 E-1 with a Nortel Meridian. Has anyone got a working config for the Meridian as our British Telecom engineers have hit a brick wall. Layers 1 & 2 come up and the trace from the D channel just shows continuous restarts and status messages in the CCM log. CCM 3.1c on 7835, WSX6608 E1 in Catalyst 6500. Have not got the card details from the Meridian but think this a software config problem not hardware. CCM set to Euro ISDN, Network side but with clock coming from Meridian.

Chris,

I don't know if this will help but I just got it working on our system with the same set up in North America. I had to use DMS-100 signalling on the D-channels with the Nortel PBX set to user side and the Call Manager as the network side. The trick was to reverse your clocks, set the clock to come from the Call Manager.

dominic_gray
Level 1
Level 1

We have been working with Cisco account groups / engineering in the UK to design and gain IVT certification for an off the shelf module for an integration platform we have out in the field already called Abridge. The module is known as the Legacy PBX gateway. This is designed to provide feature rich supplementary services including Name Display, Network Ring again, Message Waiting and some operator services. It is a hardware / software solution which runs on a Windows 2000 server and connects to a 2MB E1 trunk for the PBX and presents as an H323 gateway on the Call Manager side. Email me for more information or if you would like to trial at mailto:dominic_gray@checkmate.co.uk or check out www.checkmate.com/cisco. Dominic.

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

We had an MGCP gateway connected to a Nortel Option 81 PBX working well. I had to convert the gateway from MGCP to SIP and when I did calls coming into the gateway from the PBX were being rejected by my gateway with a cause of:

Cause i = 0x81E4 - Invalid information element contents

I added the "isdn flip-chan-flag" command to my serial interface (since replaced with the "isdn channel-id invert extended-bit " command) and it started working perfectly. Found that command in this post and thought I'd add my experience so hopefully it will help someone else in the future!

Rob.