Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Features regarding collaboration projects PLZ Help

Dear All,

We're going to deploy our new project which have almost all items related to Telepresence/Collaboration/Unified communication (listed below). I need your precious comments regarding features which I ask to vendor to implement these too for us, so we facilitate as more features as we can.

Like: we have MSLync as well so if the Video call coming from outside from any device to our domain (call ahsan@abc company.com) so it can ring/prompt in both (Jabber/Lync) or any one of them. And if we answer the call from Lync so call also disconnect from jabber

Following are the Items List

TP Conductor

SX-20 = 5

WebEx

Jabber

VTS

TMS

CUCM

Expressway –C & E

Prime Collaboration 10x standard

UCS B200 M4

UCS SP8-B-FI48

CUC

Your prompt response is highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,

Ahsan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And how can we tell what features you need?????

You should already have looked imto that with whoever you're paying for this project to fully understand what CUCM offers, and what you could use.

I sugges you review the features and services guide for CUCM to understand what it can do. And at the very least, read the datasheet for each product, to understand what basic capabilities they offer.

You can do a lot with what you mention, but you should already know what you need, you don't buy random stuff to then put them together, you define what you need, and buy accordingly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

CUCM has a LOT of features, but you need to know and understand what each one does, as I already mentioned, no one can tell you what YOU need.

Same for all the other products, before buying a solution, YOU should have already a list of what features you expect, or the guy you're paying to do this for you, should have sit down with you, and provided you with the overview of the product and features so you could ask them to be configured.

Giving you a list of every single thing each product can do, and what they can do together, is not feasible here. Your best option is to review the documentation of each product as it outlines what it can do, and then ask your vendor to do this for you.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And how can we tell what features you need?????

You should already have looked imto that with whoever you're paying for this project to fully understand what CUCM offers, and what you could use.

I sugges you review the features and services guide for CUCM to understand what it can do. And at the very least, read the datasheet for each product, to understand what basic capabilities they offer.

You can do a lot with what you mention, but you should already know what you need, you don't buy random stuff to then put them together, you define what you need, and buy accordingly.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime for your reply

I think I'm not convey my message properly

Actually this project is recently assigned to me, my boss told me what other benefit and features we add or ask to the vendor to add this features as well.

Like we're using MS Lync so we need both are working simultaneously when the call is prompting.

I also go through and review the data sheet but additional feature I need, means to explore more benefits as we can via this BoQ

Hope I clear my point

thanlks

CUCM has a LOT of features, but you need to know and understand what each one does, as I already mentioned, no one can tell you what YOU need.

Same for all the other products, before buying a solution, YOU should have already a list of what features you expect, or the guy you're paying to do this for you, should have sit down with you, and provided you with the overview of the product and features so you could ask them to be configured.

Giving you a list of every single thing each product can do, and what they can do together, is not feasible here. Your best option is to review the documentation of each product as it outlines what it can do, and then ask your vendor to do this for you.

HTH

java