Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help!!!! Can't make outbound calls on PRI

Aaron S Mcquaid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a really strange problem. I was installing a new UPS system and I unplugged my 2 2950 pwr xl swtiches. They were only out for a minute. After I plugged them back in I can't make any outbound calls to the pstn. Inbound still works fine.

I have an ICS 7750 running callmanager 3.3(3) with a VG200 and a fractional pri. Everything was working fine until I moved the switches over to the new ups. I have reset all of the devices in the device pool and I have powercycled my callmanger and my gateway.

All devices show up in ccmadmin as being regestered correctly. On the gateway every thing looks fine too. I don't know what to try next.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

With Regards,

Aaron

5 Replies 5

Aaron S Mcquaid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I did some additional troubleshooting via a debug mgcp on the gateway. I saw the mgcp application request an outbound channel. The gateway came back with a "the requested channel is not available" message. I have also attached a ccmtrace which I must confess I don't know how to read.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

What does show isdn status say?

Show debug isdn 921 and isdn q931

do you run H323 or MGCP?

You can still ping the callmanager and ipphones from the vg200?

Hello,

Show isdn status looks good to me:

VG2000#sh isdn status

Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-dms100

%Q.931 is backhauled to CCM-MANAGER on DSL 0. Layer 3 output may not apply

ISDN Serial1/0:23 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-dms100

L2 Protocol = Q.921 L3 Protocol(s) = CCM-MANAGER

Layer 1 Status:

ACTIVE

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x807FFFFF

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 10

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

I run mgcp. My debug out put is not showing anything because I am telented into the box. What is the command to enable logging over a telnet session? I can also ping all of my endpoints from the vg200.

With Regards,

Aaron McQuaid

terminal monitor :-)

Regards

Wojtek

Hello,

Thanks for your help. My problem disappeared just as mysteriously as it appeared. I don't know whats going on. Any way thanks again for your help.

With Regards,

Aaron