cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need more clarification with AAR

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites with one Call Manager at the head office. I have locations set between the two sites. The indial for head office is 03-99189XXX and the internal extension is 89XXX and the branch is 02-88568000 but the internal extension is 69XXX. I created two AAR group and add prefix 03991 and 02885 in the correct box. My questions are:

1) When I add the prefix does CM do a digit analyis against the route-pattern and then send it to the gateway? If this is the case I need an additional 0 for an outside line. However I tested this in the lab and it did not work. I just get a busy signal and no traffic arrives at the gateway. In addition the screen display changes from "Network COngestion, rerouting" to "Not enough bandwidth"

2) How do I make it so that when users dial 69000, if the WAN is not available the number get prefix by AAR and then translated to 02-88568000 before sending out to PSTN. Is this possible?

For my setup I have users profile in the AAR Group and the phone in the AAR Calling Search Space. I have the gateway also in an AAR group. I have created two AAR group and set one of the Enterprise parameter to true.

2 Replies 2

jvorel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just configured the AAR and it works fine in our configuration. Hope that my answers are relevant :)

1. you should use the additional '0' to get the outside access. It does use the route pattern 0.! to route the call thru the GW.

2. you have to set the AAR Group field on each phone line to the corresponding location & also the AAR calling search space so the AAR can route the call to the preconfigured route pattern & RL. So, when there is not enough bandwith it automatically prefix the digits you have configured in the AAR Group and send the call thru the GW out the office (for example you dial ext 555, there is not enough bandwith the AAR prefix 0333444 and the final number 0.333444555 is routed out the GW (the '0' is the outside access code)).

Hope this helped.

Jan

Thanks for your help. Your answer partially answer my question. However I still don't understand why the message on the phone would change from "Network Congestion rerouting" to "Not enough bandwidth" everytime I add a 0 to the prefix for an outside line. In addition how would I do the translation before sending out the PSTN.