Helpful
Replies

No called-id showing on inbound FXO to CCME v3.2

jeff.bankston
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

Scenario

2611 router (12.2(15)T14 IP Plus) with NM-2V, one 2-port FXO and one 2-port FXS card on local LAN connecting to 2611XM running CCME v3.2 (12.3(11)T2 IP Voice), and CUE v1.1.2 voicemail.

The problem is that inbound calls do not propagate called ID to the CCME system. I attach an analog phone to the line, and I can see proper caller ID being presented, so I know its here.

I've cross-referenced CCO for compatible code, and am having a tough time finding any references to working a caller ID issue on FXO ports, before I open a TAC case. Also, VM is working fine, below is a dial-peer for the FXO.

voice-port 1/0/0

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts ringing 8

connection plar 2003

!

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern 20..

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:10.255.255.6

!

inbound calls on this port properly go to x2003, then to that extensions VM if not answered.

Thanks, Jeff

4 Replies 4

Try adding 'caller-id enable' to your voice port like this:

voice-port 1/0/0

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts ringing 8

connection plar 2003

caller-id enable

Thanks, and yes I saw that on CCO. But, that command isn't present in my code. SO, I searched in feature matrix and it said that the 2651XM is the single only router that supports that command, which I found hard to believe.

What codeset did you see this in for the 2600 series, not the XM?

Thanks,

Jeff

npvan
Level 1
Level 1

Is your FXO VIC an VIC-2FX0-M1? the standard VIC-2FXO did not support caller ID.

-Nate

I finally found that the problem is indeed I need the M1 version card, thought that was what I had in the first place. I've got them ordered, should be here in a week or so.

-Jeff