cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd CUCM configuration request question

carl00
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded to version 14 from 11.5. this is in an air gapped network and has some security requirements that need to be met.

currently auto registration is disabled and i manually add each device to the CUCM. furthermore, i created a special device profile that doesn't not allow the device to call anything. any calls are redirected to our network shop. i use this as the log out profile. every person in the building has an extension mobility account and we force them to use it. 911 isn't configured since everyone also has a commercial phone at their desk.

here my question. i want to set up auto registration where when i plug in a new device CUCM will ingest it and automatically apply this log out profile that we use. i don't want any device lines added, just the log out profile. can this be done? right now as of the upgrade, if i plug in a new phone it goes to a screen asking about replacing an existing phone and wanting the primary extension and a pin

1 Reply 1

There is no way to assign logout profile automatically for a auto regsitered phone. basically auto registered phones take the setting from Universal Device Template and Universal Line template.

if i plug in a new phone it goes to a screen asking about replacing an existing phone and wanting the primary extension and a pin, this is self provisioning option, and enhancement which can replace the exiting phone introduced with latest phone firmware and CUCMv version. You will get this option if the phone is not configured on CUCM or when it cannot auto register.

if you are going with auto register, make sure the device default settings must be set to auto register.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1678986097533.png

For your requirement i will suggest to go with Activation Code option, create phone in bulk with Dummy mac. Assign logout profile while creating the phones in bulk.  Change the device default to activation code. users can get the Activation code from slefcare and end users use this code to register the phone.

This would be the best option i for your request.

Response Signature