cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way voice issue when call is placed on hold.

awyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a bit of a strange problem and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it before.

The problem is it someone calls in from the PSTN (BRI) and the call is placed on hold and resumed the caller still gets the on hold beeps. the calling person can hear the caller. This is the same for transfered calls.

Hope this makes sense.

In call manager I changed

Send H225 User Info Message option

from H225 Info for Ring Back

to User Info for Ring Back Tone.

This fixes the one way voice issue but stops any of the gateways from using the on hold beeps.

Any Ideas. I've tried most of the Progress Indicator options on the Dial-peers pots and have tried Progress_Ind setup enable 3 on the Voip dial-peers

Thanks

gus

2 Replies 2

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Selecting the MTP checkbox in the Call Manager gateway config will most likely fix your issue, if you can get away with it. It depends on bandwidth and topology. If your MTP resource is at a central site, and the gateway is at a remote site the call will consume bandwidth on your WAN even if the call terminates at the same site as the gateway.

Hi,

Is the MTP option the only way? We don't have much bandwidth between our sites. It only seems to be a problem with the BRI sites.

Thanks