cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outcoming Caller ID problem

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my system is base on a CCM4.1SR3 with one PRI, on this PRI, I have fax machine and IPPhone. The problem is that I want to push a outcoming caller ID for the Fax machine and a different one for the IPphone. The both use the same route pattern, Iphone use it directly and Fax use the same route pattern via an translation pattern. (the translation pattern used by fax is not in the same partition of the IpPhone).

I already specified a Calling Party Transform Mask for the translation pattern (5551212), and a different one for the route pattern (5551414). When I test it in the DNA (dial number analysis ) all is great, the calling party change like I want, but in real that's doesn't work ?

Who have do that before ? how ?

Thanks !

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you have to do is set the "External Phone Number Mask" on the phone line to whatever you want the phone to use, and specify a differnt one for the fax DN wheater it is a ATA or VG2XX Gateway. Take the "Calling party transform mask" out of the route pattern as that will overwrite the device masks.

Chris

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Do not forget to check the option "Use external phone number mask" on the Route Pattern. This will send an different ID for the phone and another ID for all devices sending calls via that route pattern