cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook AutoDial to VOIP Phone

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we have an Exchange 2000 mail System and a CCM 3.1.2c Voip deployment for a customer of ours. Their old phone system used to allow them to click "dial" after they selected a contact phone number in OutLook contacts and the phone would go off hook and auto dial the number. Is that Possible with any of the avvid products?

Also Has anyone gotten Exchange 2000 contact Directories to show up in the phone Corp. Directories?

Please advise.

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Click to dial. You can do this if you install the Cisco TSP (with or without SoftPhone) on the Outlook client PCs. You need to make sure that the users that want to do this have the phone device associated to their user in the CCMAdmin Global Directory, and also that CTI Application Use is checked.

Exchange server contacts in the phone Corporate Directory - yes you can do this. You will need to download the IP Phone Services SDK to a Win2k web server and you can use the LDAP example service and modify it for your environment.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/cm_xml/cm_xmldown.shtml

Perfect. Thank you. I was able to get click to dial to work on a non-active Softphone extension I had configured within callmanager and assigned to my cti login, but when I select any other phone extensions that show up in my list, Windows gives me a "Another program is currently using the telephony application. Please try again when it is finished." Nothing else is opened though... no softphone/etc. Any ideas?

Is there anything else necessary like adding CTI ports or CTI route points? I've installed and configured the TSP and have made sure that my 7940 is associated with my username. I also made sure the CTI Application Use checkbox was checked. Thanks.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can do it like dave says using the CiscoTSP on the client machines.

Just be careful though with the windows versions. Win95 ships with Tapi 1.4 and you'll need to upgrade it to 2.1 to support the Cisco TSP. Also I've discovered some real bad quirks to do with Outlook and any windows version other than 2000, where it doesn't handle the device lines correctly and does not release them when you close outlook resulting in having to re-boot to get them to work again.

Paul