cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

paging over ip phones

k.w.dobbs
Level 1
Level 1

Is it posible to page to a group of ip phones? example of use would be to announce a parked call when there is no external paging system. If so, is there a document that explains this.

5 Replies 5

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

I know that Call Manager Express allows paging to a group or multiple groups. I would expect that Call Manager would also allow this.

Call Manager Express Paging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00802d2544.html#wp2175048

What verison of CCM are you running?

Curt

That is one of the reasons I figured you could. I currently have 4.0(2) but will be upgrading to 4.1(2) tomorrow.

call manager does not allow this.. go figure.. that call manager express - a much cheaper version offers this as a feature... but not call manager.

According to the last Cisco word I heard Cisco has no plans to provide this in CallManager. You need to use a thrid pary app

Some that I've used are Berbee's Informast www.berbee.com and Syn-apps www.synapps.net both have pros and cons Syn-Apps is cheaper and simpler to use (dial an ext.) but Informacast is more robust (it uses XML and the phone has to subscribe to a service on the Berbee server).

Thanks for the info.