Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging With CCM

Hi!

A customer of mine is replacing his current phone system with CCM. Right now, they have a capability to page someone over the phone if they can't reach him. The way the receptionist does that is she just presses a button on her phone and all phones automatically answer with the speaker phone. I know this is doable on CCME without any problems, but I have not seen anything on cisco.com that would show me how to do this on CCM.

Much respect,

Dragi

7 Replies 7

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager doesn't support that feature now, it may in future, you may want to check with the Cisco AM for new features in the pipeline.

There are 3rd Party XML applications for CCM, that will do the Paging over the IP Phones.

btinkham
Level 1
Level 1

Look for a company called Covero. They are based Houston TX. I did a search for the on the internet but could not find them easily. One of the features of their product is paging thru the phones. You can put phone into groups to make it more specific.

rferchow
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue at our work, we have a lot of factories with existing Public.Address systems.

What we did was take a Handset, open it up and pull out the Handset Speaker wires and re-terminate onto a MIC plug. Plug this into the AMP that drives the P.A.

Configure the phone in call manager with Auto Answer then on the Receptionist's phone create a speed dial to this extension.

A home grown IP Overhead Paging solutions...very nice. Can you send me a picture :)

I have been working with Thierry, a guy who posted few scripts on this newsgroup, to make it work. I don't know if anyone has experience using his scripts, but more info is here:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd5c842

I think it can be done, but we might need some help.

Like always, I appreciate every post. You guys have saved my butt many times.

Thanks again!

Dragi