cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Description in CUCM 7.0

grahamhopkins
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCME the description used in the ephone-dn appears in the phone display next to the time and date. Is there any way to do the same thing with CUCM 7.0 ?

4 Replies 4

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

The External Phone Mask of the DN assigned to the first line is what shows up next to the time and date on CM.

Nice idea chad, but i think this should only be used to manipulate the outgoing number.

The Topic starter needs the field : Line Text Label

This will show up instead of the number next to the line button.

HtH

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Graham,

Just thought I would add a note to the great tips from Chad and Chris (+5 points each guys:)

Directory Number Configuration Page

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Line Text Label - Replaces the DN (Numeric) with selected text - next to related Line Button

External Phone Number Mask - is what is shown in the upper "right-hand" corner of the IP phone display (next to Time & Date)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks guys, I knew about the line text label, but its the Header Bar Display I'm interested in. User would like to see a name there. Looks like its not possible at the external phone number mask character set will not allow that.

So I guess its line text label or nothing

Odd that CUCME and CUCM offer different functionality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: