Views
Helpful
Replies

phone status not shown in Attendant console

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have attendnat console business edition 9.1 and cucm 9.1 installed.

but in the attendant console client, all phones are showing unknown status, any idea why this happening?

according to this link, I have tried to paste the device name in the Contact number as well but still cannot see the phone status:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17179

is it a bug? But i have installed it for another customer before and it has no problem on the phone status.

My current installation is a 60 day evaulation...i guess it's not related?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My current installation is a 60 day evaulation...i guess it's not related?

Not related.

is it a bug?

Unlikely.

• Does the CUBAC application user have all of the required user groups? You may have missed "Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices" or another group. This is covered in the install guide under Appendix C.
  • Is the phone associated to the correct end user?
  • Does the phone appear by name (e.g. SEP1234567890AB) in the Contact Details > Contact Numbers window? If not pick a user to test with and put it there. F12 will refresh if memory serves.

Now, if you ended up having to clean up CUCM you will need to drop a table on the CUBAC side so it can pull users/phones over AXL again. It only does this once when it first sees the user. I have documented this process on another post under the section Purging the Directory.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

The CUBAC application user already have all of the required user groups, and the phone is associated to the correct end user. But the phone  (e.g. SEP1234567890AB) is not in the Contact Details > Contact Numbers window.

I tried to manully add the phone name to the field, no change of status....the strange issue is that the phone name disappear in that field after few seconds after i search that user again.

it's really strange, i have installed CUBAC in another environement before, whenever i manually add the phone name to that filed, the phone status can be shown and the phone name will not disappear after some time..

I have tried your approach on purging the directory as well, but still no luck...

any idea?

thanks.

It's probably time to break out SQL Management Studio and run some *read only* queries. My only guess is that perhaps the phone has been mapped to a different end user and it won't let it exist on more than one user record.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.