cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prepend 9 on caller-id of incoming calls

vasu_si
Level 1
Level 1

What would be best way to prepend a digit to the clid of an incoming call. We have one scenario with CCM 4.1(3) with MGCP and another with H323 gateway.

Regards,

Vasu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

With MGCP, you can do this in call manager by going under service parameters for call manager service. Click on advanced to show advanced options.

Then scroll down and there will be a prefix setting for international, national, local, subscriber, unknown.

This will apply to all calls so keep that in mind.

You can also do it with translation patterns like other poster suggested but that way may require more work and more use of partitions, CSSs, etc to make sure the translation is always used so the prefix occurs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

clsalaza
Level 1
Level 1

just create a translation pattern where the incoming clid is prepended with a 9 and then directed to the partition where your phones are. Let us know how it goes...

The other note solved my issue for MGCP. I want to try this on the other client with H323. Unfortunately, this client does not have any partitions configured at all. I am confused if this might apply to all calls (even IP phone to IP phone).

Regards,

Vasu

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

With MGCP, you can do this in call manager by going under service parameters for call manager service. Click on advanced to show advanced options.

Then scroll down and there will be a prefix setting for international, national, local, subscriber, unknown.

This will apply to all calls so keep that in mind.

You can also do it with translation patterns like other poster suggested but that way may require more work and more use of partitions, CSSs, etc to make sure the translation is always used so the prefix occurs.