cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI 3600 VoIP Question

jhuston2
Level 1
Level 1

We have PRI coming into VWIC-1MFT-T1 in 3600 router. Telco (Centrex Service) sends us last 5 incoming digits of called number and says they can only send DID. We want the five digits to act as an access code and have our Cisco router send dial tone back to calling party so that they can dial number they want to call. Call Flow: Calling party ---> Telco (Centrex) --> PRI --> Cisco Gateway ----VoIP Network ---> far end Cisco gateway ---> far end PBX ---far end phone. Can this be done with DID PRI. Anyone have example config?

4 Replies 4

8r-schumann
Level 1
Level 1

Are you saying that you have only one number to represent all your phones? Something like a main admin number?

Or are you saying that they will send the last 5 digits for any number coming into the PRI?

There is one number assigned to all channels on PRI. We want callers on our Centrex system to be able to dial the one number assigned to PRI, this would get sent to our Cisco gateway over PRI, then want gateway to present user with dial tone and allow user to dial actual number they want to reach. Actual number would be matched by dial peer and sent over VoIP network to Cisco gateway on far end. Not sure if this can be done with PRI and DID.

Schumann

I try to work around with my as5800 the following call flow :

customer---->telco house---->as5800------>Telco house

<232....> <160221>

This I want to do by sharing same E1 PRI for both inbound and outbound dial-peer.The config I did for dial-peer is :

translation-rule 1

rule 0 2055 160221

dial-peer voice 2171 pots

incoming called number 217232....

dial-peer voice 2172 pots

destination-pattern 2055

translate-outgoing called 1

port 1/0/2:d

I dont have any voice feature card in as5800 and presently it used for only internet dial up access and no voice application.

The information I got from cisco site is :

"call hairpinning without the need of a Voice Feature Card (and its digital signal processor) is available only on the Cisco AS5800"

Till now no success for me.

Pls help.

thanks and regds,

Prasanna

layer3
Level 1
Level 1

If your vwic goes into a nm-hdv card you just create the necessary voip and pots dial-peers.

Remember NOT to put direct-inward-dialing in the pots peer.

What you are describing is the standard behaviour of an incoming pots call on a non-did pots peer.

The following dial-peer config will allow a caller calling any number (no matter how big) that ends up in your pri to dial either a voip peer with numbers between 20 and 29 or, by adding a 9 before the number, to place a call back to the pstn.

(This was done on a MC-3810, hence the post numbering)

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1:15

!

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 2.

session target ipv4:172.30.4.1

codec g711ulaw

cheers,

F