cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI T-1 to VG200 goes into Lockout

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue of the PRI T-1 circuits going to my VG200 gateways for CallManager going into Lock Out. They connect to a Nortel Opt 81. I can disable and re-enable the D-channels for the circuits and they come back clean. This takes about a week before many channels are locked out again. Is there any way to keep this from happening. I have MCDN checked on the config of the gateway.

Help is always appreciated.

1 Reply 1

mkoci
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, this isn't a solution, but are you using MGCP? I had a problem with a T1 going to a Nortel - not sure what option. The vg200 was using h323 and everything ws working. Over a break I decided to try mgcp and that's when I ran into the situation that you have. I had 2 vg200s, vg200-1 was local PRI and long distance T1, vg200-2 was local PRI and Nortel T1. It seemed inbound calls worked OK, but outbound from the Nortel T1 would lock the channels. IP phones didn't have a problem going out, but they didn't use the Nortel T1. The phone guy and I played with it for a week and gave up. So we're back to H323 and things are working fine.

Mark