Helpful
Replies

Problem about translation pattern

rypat
Level 1
Level 1

All IP phones are registered in the DN range

943 88XX - 943 89XX.

There have only one route pattern and two translation patterns.

Router pattern:

9.! -> MGCP gateway

Translation pattern:

T1 .[8-9]XX PreDot prefix 9438 (for incoming call from outside via MGCP gateway)

T2 .8[8-9]XX PreDot prefix 943 (IP phone to IP phone just press four digits only)

I have two problems in above setting.

P1. When IP phone make internal call, I need to wait 5 second before the IP phone ring.

P2. There is no problem for calling to DN 94388XX from outside, but have a problem in 94389XX.

For problem P2,

I have tried to setup another translation pattern

.9XX PreDot prefix 9428, but doesn't work also. There is no problem when I setup one translation pattern specific for one DN, e.g .988 PreDot prefix 9438. And there is also no problem for setup one translation pattern .98X PreDot prefix 9438.

Anyone have any idea of my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just curious why you don't use 4 digit DNs. It seems that would would make your administration easier. Much of your problem may be due to the use of 9.! and having the DNs begin with 9. It sounds like problem 1 is due to the Interdigit Timeout. for example:

Dial 9438988

The translation pattern matches and the 9.! matches. So, CallManager waits the Interdigit Timeout period before extending the call ot the phone, in case you dial more digits to make an out side call using 9.!.

For problem 2 please describe what happens when an outside call is for 94389XX.

Again, it seems that using 4 digit DNs may be simpler for you. You can use the Line Text Label field on the line configuration screen to have the line display what you wnat.

Kev

943 is office code.

For example, office A: IP phone registered DN 94388XX-89XX, and office B: IP phone registered DN 9678800-99.

If I use 4 digits,some DN will overlap.

If Office A IP phone make a internal call at the same office A, we should only dial 4 digit. If Office A IP phone make a call to office B, we should dial 7 digit. That is the difference.

For problem 2,

If I dial 9438988, the IP phone which registered this no. will ring. If I dial 9 9438988, I got a busy tone because 9438988 is not be assigned to use at outbound area.

I have some confusions in this route and translation pattern which are applied at the same time. Any doc in Cisco web site can help me to make it clearly ? And any method could help me to trace the translation and route pattern while I make a call ?

Thanks your response.