Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with AAR and site code...

meumeuh_toxin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to implement AAR (centralised CCM).

The numbering plan include a site code so DN are 7 digits:

333 XXXX for site 1

444 XXXX for site 2

The E164 number is however :

015512XXXX for site 1

016612XXXX for site 2

Therefore, the problem I have is that when implementing AAR, the CCM will:

- Try to call 333XXXX

- See not enough BW

- Go to the external phone number mask

The problem here is that I cannot use transformation on this mask. Therefore, I cannot remove the site code (333 or 444) so if I put 15512 as external phone number mask, I will end up with a number such as 15512333XXXX

If after the AAR groups add the 00 digits, I endup with a wrong phone number.

Any clean solution?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

When setting up AAR, you should have an AAR CSS that includes only AAR partitions. For site 1, under the AAR configuration, add 1 digit, say a 9. Make a Route Pattern that recognizes 9.444XXXX. On the route pattern, you can use the trasform mask set to 016612XXXX. Could you be a little more specific of why you can't use the trasform mask?

thanks

Thank you, Your explanation made me understood something about my problem :-)

thanks for all your answers.

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

Well, if you have the 015512XXXX set as the external number mask on the line then AAR would use this to dial the phone through the PSTN. Use AAR to prepend whatever trunk access code you are using and it should route the call through your voice gateway.

I will jump in the wagon to check if anybody can help me with an AAR Problem. The problem that I'm having is that the AAR is not prepending the trunk access code '9' before routing the call...

I can see the AAR stuff on the CCM trace but the prefix is shown "" without a '9' and hence is not choosing my AAR-Route Pattern that starts with 9.[2-9]......... If I removed the 9 from the route-pattern then the calls proceeds through the gateway and also If I let the route-pattern with the 9 and I add the 9 to the Extension Phone Number Mask it works fine.

Don't know why the AAR is not prepending the trunk access code though the AAR-Group that is assign to each DN within the cluster. I'm running CCM 4.1(2)

Any ideas?

-Jose