cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Outlook "click to dial"

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per an earlier conversation I started, Thanks Dave, Got Click to dial to work with a couple problems.

You click on the number, Phone picks up, dials and lets you talk for 1-2 minutes then it just hangs up the call.. ??

Secondly, When you click "End Call" In outlook, It Does end the call but gives me a "Device Already in use, please try again" Message. I can start a new call with no problems. Just pop's up when ending a call.

We are using Outlook 2000. No other Telephony devices other than the most current CiscoTSP are installed. (Outside of the default windows 2000 ones).

Please advise.

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hanging up the call after 1-2 minutes is a problem. Don't know if we tried that here but I can try it and let you know.

As far as the message you see when you end the call, I have seen that also, and it doesn't seem to cause any problems. I'm not sure what causes it, and it may be fixable in the software, but keep in mind that this capability is not tested or supported.

Just to clarify I'm reading your response right, You guys 'know' there is a problem with the click to dial auto-hanging up after a few minutes?

Please let me know.

The message seems more cosmetic than anything. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else that I needed to do.

Thanks.

No, I meant that we already have seen and know about the message that shows up when you manually end the call.

I have no idea why the call is getting hung up by itself.

michael.tanner
Level 1
Level 1

We also know this problem about the message "Device Already in use, please try again", we opened a case at TAC, the current status is DE-PEND, the bug ID is CSCdv58628, due the low priority of 4 (only cosmetic issue), it will take some time.