cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pstn simulator

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody recommend a PSTN simulator that support PRI /CAS/FXO ? We want to build a voice lab. thanks a lot.

8 Replies 8

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I too would like to find something like this... The closest thing I have done, was to get a program from www.openh323.org called OpenAM H.323 answering machine. I set it up to play a wav file and disconnect. I can then add this in as an H323 gateway to simulate a PSTN gateway. I can setup several gateways like this to test having different gateways for different buildings and then test out my route plans...

I would like to see soemthing that emulates a MGCP gateway that would actually take the IOS commands... that would be cool...

dagg988
Level 1
Level 1

adtran atlas 550, it will do PRI, CAS and FXS but I am not sure on FXO

if the atlas 550 dosen't do fxo the atlas 800 does

How about a software solution??

By 'software solution' do you mean PCI card with FXS ports and PCI card with T1/PRI ports packaged with software for a windows or unix computer that would offer the same functionality as the Adtran Atlas products?

Digium is one of many manufacturers (www.digium.com):

Either one of these software products should meet or exceed the basic requirements for a basic PSTN lab:

Asterisk - The Open Source PBX.

Zaptel - Digium's revolutionary Pseudo-TDM engine for Linux

But... you still need some hardware:

Quad T1/PRI PCI card

Digium Wildcard TE410P (3.3 V PCI only)

or

Digium Wildcard TE405P (5.0 V PCI only)

Quad FXS PCI card

Digium Wildcard TDM400P

Digium FXS Module

Actually I dont want to simulate the hardware side at all... I would love to see a little app that run on a windows box... that has a console simular to a 26XX router, It would take the MGCP commands, and register up with a lab callmanager. Then when a call is passed to it, it would display some information in the console perhaps just a line like were sending this call across the simulater PRI on this port... Perhaps it could play a ring out then a simulated connection or something... just a wav file... as a bonus... I would also like to simulate an incoming call... Perhaps on the console you could tell it inject a call from this # to this # on the pri... That would be real cool... Even better would be if it could display debugs just like the real thing..

This would probably take a LOT of work and some one would have to know some nitty gritty details of the MGCP protocol...

Try renting a CCIE Voice lab rack as a temporary alternative to a desktop software emulator for a PSTN lab:

voicerack.com (I saw this site on another posting)

ipexpert.net (they rent CCIE R&S racks, "IP Telephoney" racks and I'm anticipating CCIE Voice racks soon since that just released theie CCIE Voice Work Book)