cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"missing" softkeys

infosys1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 phone with 1 14 key expansion module that is set up for a receptionist. If she on one line and another call comes in on a different line, the only softkey option she has is "answer". This phone has been in place and working fine for several months. I have rebooted the call manager, checked her softkey template, and updated her phone load version from 7.2(2.0) to 7.2(3.0), but no help.

I have 2 other 7960 phones in the same office setup exactly the same way, with the exception of the phone load verision and they work fine. All 3 phones share the same lines.

Anyone else having this problem?

5 Replies 5

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

CCM4.13(sr1).

I have same situation as you, but whats the problem for that? I thought thats normal. What you expect to see??

According softkey template "ring in", the only option is "answer".

But my question is that.... what if I dont want to answer, for instance, i want to do transfer the first call first, and answer the 2nd call.

Sorry to raise more questions here.

answer my question,

you can use navigation button to scroll up and down. Once the second call comes in...it only show "answer". Therefore, in order to transfer the first call first, you have scroll up first.

on the line, check MLA - Multiple Line Appearance, how many calls can she handle? Sound like she can't answer because she doens't have a free line. MLA is new to Callmanager 4.X.

In my situation, the call is coming in on a completely different physical line with no calls currently in progress, so I don't believe that it is an issue with the max calls or busy trigger.

pwhite
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the exact same problem, but it only happens intermittently.

I will certainly let you know when I figure this out. I am opening a TAC case. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks,

Peter