cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Transferring your call, please wait..."

ges
Level 1
Level 1

When someone is transferring to another extension via the voicemail system (i.e., in the corporate directory, and "dialing the extension of the person you wish to reach"), you do hear a "Transferring your call, please wait" from Unity, but then it's dead silence until A) someone picks up or B) their voicemail picks up. Is there any way of adding a ring-sound to this? Editing that "Transferring your call, please wait" WAV so the end of it has a few "rings" added maybe? Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? :)<br><br>Thanks, everyone.. as always, I really do appreciate the help!<br><br>Glenn<br><br>---<br>Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator<br>Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com<br>+1 732 357-3514 (V) <br>+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Well, you could add ringing to that prompt, but when the transfer really starts to happen, you're back into the silence scenario. Anytime a caller is put on hold during a Unity auto-attendant transfer, it is 100% responsibility of the switch to provide on hold courtesy or music to the held party. Unity has no data path back to that held channel. It's impossible to get there until the call is un-held.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

This always bugged me as well.....

Since upgrading to CM3.1 and installing the Music on Hold, I now get pleasing background noise during the transfer. Just make sure that you define an audio source for all phones and VM ports involved.