Views
Helpful
Replies

Rename Cisco CallManager

mschuh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

does anyone know how to change a CCM hostname or isn't it possible?

i'm looking for a guide similar like this one at CCO:

Changing the CallManager IP Address

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

We've get the error "Sorry your session object has timed out" when access Global Directory because the hostname includes an underscore :-(

My workarond ist to access CCMAdmin Page with IP-Address instead of Hostname.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

First of all changing the name of the call manager server will break your callmanager.This is not a callmanager restrication.This is a sql issue.I know in SQl once you change the server name you need to drop the old server name and add the name using some sql queries.This works fine on ICM and other server.How ever on callmanager Ia m not sure if this is supported as SQL is installed during cccm installation.

If this is a lab environment try changing the name and run SQL queries to change the name in SQL.

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Radhika

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

First of all changing the name of the call manager server will break your callmanager.This is not a callmanager restrication.This is a sql issue.I know in SQl once you change the server name you need to drop the old server name and add the name using some sql queries.This works fine on ICM and other server.How ever on callmanager Ia m not sure if this is supported as SQL is installed during cccm installation.

If this is a lab environment try changing the name and run SQL queries to change the name in SQL.

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Radhika

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, you can't change the hostname:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K35772096

Regards