cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report failure

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I run an all subscribers report in either HTML or .CSV format, I get a failure notice. Only thing I can find are two app. log entries, ID's 30007 and 20004. <br><br>30007 reads: The description for Event ID ( 30007 ) in Source ( MALEx_MC ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): /o=USDOED/ou=USDOED/cn=Recipients/cn=SFA Schools Default, 8004011d.<br><br>and 20004 reads: The description for Event ID ( 20004 ) in Source ( AvRepMgr_MC ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 2, PREPROCESS, 0x80004005.<br><br>From this, I can roughly determine that the report is choking on the SFA Default Management object, which I located in Unity and deleted. Can't find any orphaned objects in the Exchange GAL either. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Anybody seen this before?<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

So you've removed the "SFA Schools Default" object and it's still showing up in the event log as an error when you run the report? Was this a subscriber? Can you run the latest dbWalker utility of the Unity 2.x page on AnswerMonkey (don't automatically remove orphans or standed mail users) and see if it barks about anything? I'd be intererested in seeing any errors it spits out just to see if anything is odd that we should look at.

Anything from the "MALxxx" is from the message access layer which is generally looking to pop open a mailbox. this either means a handle to that user's mailbox is bogus or the mailbox is unexpectedly missing or our rights are not sufficient to open it etc... The subscriber report would be doing this to snag the inbox size of the user in question so it wouldn't be anything like a message we didn't like or something similiar.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Gaaah! Now I can't DBWalker to work. Downloaded the latest version and installed it on the Unity box. Get the following error when I try to run it:

Run-time error '-2147220299 (800404b5)':

Method '~' of object '~' failed

Any ideas?

Not applicable

You need to be logged into the box as the account that installed Unity (see the help file). This is likely you're problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Actually, this may not do it, as we have now discovered that NO reports run, not just subscriber reports. Another engineer has taken this up with TAC. Thanks for all of your help!

Not applicable

hmmm... well, report back to the class if you guys find a solution.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I am now dutifully reporting back to class:

We fixed it by upgrading Unity to build 135. Do not ask me WHY this worked, but it did. We also upgraded the .tsp, but I don't see how this could have fixed the issue.