cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reset windows SQLSvc account login password

steven_chan
Level 1
Level 1

I want to login to windows using the SQLSvc account but I don't know the password. I tried that it is not the password which can be reset using AdminUtility (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080095225.shtml) in CCM.

Therefore, I used the manual method (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00803ec9ed.html#wp1114468) to reset the SQLSvc password in windows 2000 Computer Management>Local Users and Groups>Users

I reboot the CCM server afterwards. Then I find the Database Layer Monitor fails to start and a DCOM error about CCMServiceRW fails to start. The SQLSvc password is out-of-sync in AdminUtility.

Therefore, it seems to me it is not advisable to reset password using the manual method above. But if I am not using the manual method to reset the password, I don't know the SQLSvc account password to login to windows.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SQLSvc account is not an account that you would normally use to log in to Windows. You will need to go to Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Services and change the password for the services that use the SQLSvc account to match the one you set for the account. If you click the Log On As column heading in Services, the entries will be sorted by the log on account. Double-click each account that uses the SQLSvc account to logon, go to the Log On tab, change the password and click Apply. The services should now start.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

The manually method appears to be missing that you will need to change the database layer monitor login and the RIS Data Collector login as well.

But, as was mentioned already, you should not be needing to login into windows with these accounts.