Views
Helpful
Replies

route list to dial local gateway.

dicko
Level 1
Level 1

G'day All,

I have a CCM 4.0(2a) site that I am adding a SRST location to. At the moment at HQ users need to dial 0 before the number to place calls through the gateway.

The customers has requested that at the remote site, they will also dial 0 before a phone number, but they would like the call to be placed out the local gateway and not the gateway at HQ.

I belive I need to do this with a route list/ route group combination. But can only set it up to dial the local gateway if the gateway at HQ is busy.

I know I am missing something. what is it, any help would be great.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

You need to use partitions and calling search space to make this work.

Here are the steps

1. Create a route patterns for 0.@ and include this in a partition, say HQ, and let it use the HQ gateway.

2. Create another route pattern for 0.@ and include this in a partition, say Remote, and let it use the gateway at the remote site.

3. Create a Calling Search Space, say HQ-CSS and include the HQ Partition to this one. (make sure it does not have the Remote partition). Configure all phones at HQ to use this Calling Search Space

4. Create a Calling Search Space, say Remote-CSS and include the Remote Partition to this one (make sure it does not have the HQ partition). Configure all phones at Remote site to use this Calling Search space.

Now when phones at remote site dials 0, it matches the 0.@ route pattern within the Remote partition which points to the local gateway and calls will go through the local gateway and never hit the HQ gateway.

Regards,

Anup

If I did that, I would not be able to restrict users, from dialing certin number classes, like international, and mobile phone numbers.

If you need to set up restrictions, then you would need to create different route patterns for the HQ user and remote users and configure the Calling search space and partitons accordingly.

Hi Anup

Your solution workf fine, but we have one problem. This works only if the user profile has a blanc CSS. If you fill in a CSS, it overrides the CSS of the phone and the call will NOT go through the remote gateway but via the WAN to HQ's gateway.

If you leave the user profile's CSS blanc, then it works fine but you have to give the remote phone autorisation to make international calls. In other words... if nobody is logged in into that remote phone, everybody can still make international phone calls. Do you also have a solution for this?

dicko
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks that has done the job.