cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RS-232 input control of LCD-110Q-PRO-55

ronin308
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am attempting to control this monitor via Crestron RS-232.  While the DMM user guide includes the RS-232 commands for on/off and a few other things it does not include the comands to select the various input sources on the monitor.

Searching the Cisco site yeilds no information on this and I'm not quite to where I want to open a TAC case just for this.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

JD Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Opening a TAC request probably won;t yeild you any information. It is not TAC's job to tell you codes for manufacturers outside of Cisco.Try contacting the manufacturer of the display. This usually works. You can also google RS232 codes and get good info. Keep in mind that some companies spec ascii characters while others do text charaters ao you may have to convert.

JD, the LCD-110Q-PRO55 is a Cisco monitor so if I wanted to contact the manufacturer of the display I would have to do it through TAC since they are the support arm of the manufacturer.

I know all about other manufacturers and the fact that some use ascii and some use hex.  I can successfully control Samsung, Panasonic, Clarity, NEC and more.  Most of these companies make it easy to get the codes right from the website but Cisco is either refusing to or simply doesn't know any better.

BTW, If I could have found the codes via google, I wouldn't have posted here.