cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP softphone for CCME 3.2

briley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if I can get a SCCP softphone to work with CCME 3.2? I know that the normal ip softphones are not supported, YET, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a skinny softphone to work. I am not wanting to use this to give to a customer, I am wanting to be able to attach the the CCME system remotely for support purposes. Thanks for everyones help.

3 Replies 3

asarkany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco IP Communicator:

CCME 3.2.1 8 or. IOS-Images 12.3(11)XL

configuration with type IPC

e.g. IP Blue Softphone

any CCME Versions

configuraton with type 7960

hope this helps

August

awthomp
Level 1
Level 1

We run several sofphones with our CME3.2.1 , all of them are IPBlue VTGO softphones.

They aren't perfect - the display line at the bottom tends to hang on the last line ringing, particularly call park or pager line notices - but they do work.

They work over VPN as well, which Cisco lists as unsupported, however, note that if you use a PIX 6.3 or lower for the VPN termination, remote phones can't call each other, only PSTN or onsite phones.

Apparently the new PIX 7.0 allows client-to-client communication through VPN, at which time that won't be an issue. Also, I seem to see in the docs that PIX7.0 does address translation on SCCP/TFTP info, so.. when your CME sends the TFTP server address in DHCP as 172.16.1.1 , your PIX translates it to match your public address - if so, then CME can now support remote phones. Anyone tried it yet?

Does anyone know if soft phones are officaily supported by cisco? I have the IP communicator working through my VPN connection. I would like to know if it is supported by cisco? Anyone have a link to any documentation saying yes or no?