cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a "meeting point" ?

hkanters
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know a way to set up a "meeting point" ?

Purpose is to have one phonenumber, so that anyone can call to that phonenumber and everybody can hear everybody.

Customer wants this feature, so IF the emergency light flashes, several people call that specific phonenumber and they can talk to each other immediately. They are planning to rollout IP-phones, but we first have to fix this.

I found out one way to do it, but i do not think this is stabile enough. And that is to put one phone into "meet-me" conferencing, than anyone can call into that meet-me number. but the problem is , that if this phone loses power. the meet-me number is un-available and stays unavailable untill someone put's it back to "meet me".

Anyone ?

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you don't get a suitable response to your post from another forum user you may wish to contact our product information line at 1-800-553-NETS or a Cisco Systems Engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. To locate your local Cisco representative, visit http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory.shtml

If anyone else in the forum has some experience with this issue, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When I first read this, Meet-me was the first thing that came to my mind....but on second thought, I concur with assessment of why this is not a viable solution.

A way you can attain this configuration is by using Cisco Conference Connection

(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/confcon.htm)

The CCC is a conferencing package that you can set up a conference bridge, then allow anyone and everyone to join in. The drawback will be the number of ports you allocate for this standing conference. But with proper configuration, you can have the users dial into CCC and enter the access code for the group bridge.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Dan Keller