cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP BAD messages

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I keep getting these messages with CME 12.4.9.T with CUE 2.3.1, I read one link on Net Pro that said this should be resolved by now and the other said to collect the logs and send it to TAC. Any one know if these are harmless?

%SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected timer 23 (SIP_TIMER_REMOVE_TRANSACTION) in state 27 (SIP_STATE_OPTIONS_WAIT) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)

Aug 3 19:54:21.465: %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected timer 23 (SIP_TIMER_REMOVE_TRANSACTION) in state 27 (SIP_STATE_OPTIONS_WAIT) substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

SIP Processes causing slow memory leak when there no active calls . Specifically sip register timer expiry messages are causing this behavior. Try to upgrade the software to 12.4(09.15)T or to an higher version

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

SIP Processes causing slow memory leak when there no active calls . Specifically sip register timer expiry messages are causing this behavior. Try to upgrade the software to 12.4(09.15)T or to an higher version

Thanks for the explanation however I checked on CCO and I dont see any image later than 12.4.9.T, so I guess what are my options now?

I just got word from TAC that confirms the same thing you mentioned that it is a slow memory leak. The code is not out on CCO and hence he has given me the link to download 12.4.(9.15)T

I just got 12.4(9.16)T from TAC since I was having two memory leak issues. I applied it yesterday and so far looks good. Hope this helps someone having similar issues

seeing %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected timer 1 (SIP_TIMER_TRYING) in state 9 (STATE_DISCONNECTING) recently and i am at the latest code.

any ideas?

JJ