Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone - Poor Audio Quality

apadayhag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm getting poor audio quality with my softphone. Echo, jitter, and delay are some of the problems i encountered. Do you have solutions on these?

Thanks,

Arvin

5 Replies 5

aattravi
Level 1
Level 1

i don't have audio problem with softphone 1.3.x and CCM 3.2.x.!

check the quality of microphone and computer audio device.

BYE

mashahid
Level 1
Level 1

Try editing the Jitter BUffer Size. go to SETTINGS, AUDIO, ADVANCED VOICE SETTINGS, than change the JITTER BUFFER SIZE to say 120. Keep the BOX checked to Use Dynamic and parameters to ITU. See if that improves things for you.

Rgds,

Maz

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

There are many possible issues with softphone.

Solutions can only be provided if the source of problems is identified....

This is my *private* opinion about softphone:

If a *customer* wants Softphone I warn him that I will not help him issues with his PC's (and that includes poor voice quality) since I have no control over Virusscanner, special SW, changes, .... I give him the Softphone CD, make the settings in the CCM and if possible in the LAN environment. -> I cannot help if I don't have control...

What do you do if a customer encounters blue screens and blames you for business failure because you installed him a softphone? I would not take this risk.

If we are using Softphones ourselfs,we are in full control what other SW is running on our PC's. This changes the whole situation.

But now more contructive things (I hope...):

It's worth checking if you have apps on the PC's which don't behave themselves (Virusscanners can be such things) and try to maintain a proper installation.

Check your soundcards. Check QoS settings (L2 and L3). Check resources (CPU, RAM).

Cheers,

Martin

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that you're using USB headsets.

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Arvin,

Do you have poor quality on LAN or WAN? Make sure you are using low bandwidth codec over wan..