Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution for this Senario

agent77
Level 1
Level 1

For Semplicity

I have number of CCM in One cluster. extention number from 2000 to 2999. So how can I install another building or site haveing the same range of extention in the same cluster. I mean for ex:

If each site in a diff. partition so

ext. 2000 in Site A can call ext. 2020 in its partion so easy but how can it reach the same number in the another partition ( Site B )

more over if 2000 in site A want to call 2000 in site B ??

Please help me . I think it is a mater of using CSS with rout patern and transformation but how

Thanks for help

2 Replies 2

toqian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a late reply. I hope it still helps.

You can use the Variable length on-net dialplan with partitioned-addressing. DNs in each site are in site specific paritions. There is a set of global translation patterns in the global partition for the inter-site calls to happen. The DN's CSS should have access to the site partition and the global partitions. If site A phone calls site B phone, it needs to dial the full E.164 number of site B phone, say 91408.2000. This will hit one of the translation patterns that gets rid of predot digits and sends the call to the site B phone via its hidden CSS.

Rerfer to the IPT SRND dial plan chapter for more details. www.cisco.com/go/srnd

Dear toqian

By anyway thanks alote for your reply and help, but I still need more info . reference to my first conversation , I almost understand the concept THEORETICALY but can not understand how to designe the solution or impelement. First of all what do you mean by (Variable length on-net ...).

Reference to your answer :

There are 3 partitions, let Called

"SiteAp"(contain DNs in site A)

"SiteBp" (Contain DNs in Site B)

"Globalp"(contain 2 translation patterns for the inter-site calls for ex. : ext. 2000 in SiteAp call #91408.2000 to reach ext. 2000 in SiteBp and #91409.2000 for the opposit way )

and 2 CSS :

"SiteAcss" (Contain SiteAp and Globalp partitions)

"SiteBcss" (Contain SiteBp and Globalp partitions)

Is it right till now ? .If yes , it's great but I don't understand what did you say "sends the call to the site B phone via its hidden CSS". what do you mean by hidden css? , and finaly if these are all the config what I need so how does the mechanism or the flowchart of dialing the last example work ?

There is no IPT SRND dial plan chapter in the URL you gave me.

I hope to find a reply as soon as possible because I'm about to enter the live implementation phase

Thanks for help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: