cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dials and Device association

Billy Dodson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few users who are fixing to move locations. These locations are on different search spaces. I need to move the users while keeping the "my fast dials" that they have created. Do I just re-associate the user with the new extension and the fast dials will follow? Or do we need to move the phone and change the extension? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

For the Fast Dials phone service, the key is the Service subscription and the username and PIN that are entered there. There's nothing stopping you from removing/adding that subscription regardless of CSS, Location and phone to user association. There's even nothing stopping you from subscribing more than one phone using the same username and PIN to have them have the same Fast Dials view.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

For the Fast Dials phone service, the key is the Service subscription and the username and PIN that are entered there. There's nothing stopping you from removing/adding that subscription regardless of CSS, Location and phone to user association. There's even nothing stopping you from subscribing more than one phone using the same username and PIN to have them have the same Fast Dials view.