cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sql password

clark.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues loading the crs 3.1.3 software on my MCS server. I place cd 1 in the dvdrom and the installation begins to start. I get to a page requiring Call Manager host name, windows user name, windows password, sql username, and sql password.

I enter all the information required, including the correct passwords given to me for Call Manager login and sql password. I get the error that "Could not connect to the Call manager database using the SQL user and password"

sql username: sa

sql password: vzadmin

I have gone into the Enterprise Managers on both Publisher and Subscriber and changed those passwords again to the above. I'm still unable to connect.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

6 Replies 6

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure if you have tried this...

1. Go to Subscriber CCM -> Start-> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Query Analyzer.

2. Window named "Connect to SQL Server" pops up.

3. Specify the publisher CCM ipaddress in the SQL Server field and choose SQL Server Authentication.

4. Specify the "sa" userid and its respective password.

5. Check if you could connect to Publisher database.

Follow the same procedure described above to connect to subscriber CCM from publisher CCM and get back.

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

I've just tried your test as mentioned above and i am able to connect successfully and vice versa. I'm still not able to connect with the CRS installation program.

please advise

Hi,

Can you please verify the CCM administrator password supplied in the installation page. You might get the same error message, if the administrator password is incorrect. Check and get back.

Also perform the CCM database connectivity test(as specified in my previous response) using server name instead of IPAddress.

Regards

Yogi

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

Yes, the password is the same for the CCm Administration password. I verified this by putting in an incorrect password and i get a different error "Could not connect to the call manager using the information supplied. Please verify your login credentials" So the CCM administrator password is correct.

Also i performed the CCM database connectivity test using the server name and ip address successfully.

please advise

clark

Hi,

Try out the following

1. Add the CCM server name resolution in LMHOSTS and hosts files in CRS server.

2. At CRS server, open cmd prompt, and type 'netstat -rR', followed by 'ipconfig /flushdns'(will flush netbios and dns cache).

3. Try CRS installation again.

Regards

Yogi

Thanks that worked out great