cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and MTP on a single CCM server

chris.mott
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a site running a single CCM 3.3.2 backed up with SRST ... all is stable ( ~~~ !) ... it has a license for 48 on SRST, yet 80 phones, so I followed the specs on lighting up a separate Device Pool so that the SRST Reference assignment on the server could be applied to those phones ... surprisingly enough, it all worked when tested ... I thought I was done with this site until today, when the customer was getting training on the server and asked about the software-based Media Termination Point ... as I described its function, I noticed that the MTP is assigned to a Device Pool ... DOH! ... without my knowledge I had disabled MTP access for half of the phones on the network, and of course it would be the wrong half ... I have changed the MTP Device Pool configuration to the point to the SRST pool for now, but I now need to find away to allow all users, even those without SRST, to be able to access the MTP for conf calls, etc ... the one CCM can only have one software-based MTP resource per server, by the book, so that would mean the addition of another CCM to gain additional software-based MTP resources ... this is not an option ...

There are a few thoughts here though ... I've heard of (but cannot remember) an upcoming IOS code set that will allow extra DSP's installed in an NM-HDV-T1-24 to be used as extra, external MTP/Transcoding points ... this might provide a path for the solution we're seeking here, but if that is the case, when will it be released?

We have an on-site Unity server (4.0.1), a VG200 running 4xFXO's, a VG248, and of course the 3640 with the HDV in it ... what other resources could be brought into play here for multiple MTP resource allocation? Note that the customer will NOT allow any further purchase of additional hardware, although the above-mentioned DSP option is of interest to them.

Is there anything on the CCM 3.3.2 that could be altered at the Registry or SQL level that might allow multiple Device Pools to share the same server-based MTP resource?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbourne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

12.2(13)T supports partitioning of the DSP resources in the NM-HDV to allow conferencing and transcoding.

For the MTP, if you place it in a Media Resource List/Media Resource Group,

then each of your Device Pool configuration screens gives you the option of selecting that or other MRG/MRLs in each device pool. In other words, several device pools can point to the same MRG/MRL.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jbourne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

12.2(13)T supports partitioning of the DSP resources in the NM-HDV to allow conferencing and transcoding.

For the MTP, if you place it in a Media Resource List/Media Resource Group,

then each of your Device Pool configuration screens gives you the option of selecting that or other MRG/MRLs in each device pool. In other words, several device pools can point to the same MRG/MRL.

Good Luck!