cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Configuration - Best Practices

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

We are starting a new Unified Communication deployment and will have an SRST at each remote location. I am wondering if there are any best practices in regards to the configuration of the SRST.

For example Does it matter what interface is specific for the source address. I have seen some that say it needs to be the LAN address and others say it needs to be a Loopback address. Since the phones themselves will be attached to a VLAN on a switch that is connected to the router is there a benefit either way? Are there any considerations not really covered in the base configuration that need to be considered as a best practice?

I am sure I will have more questions as we progress so thanks for the patience in advance...

Brent                    

1 Reply 1

trdavid
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brent,

The loopback is used because it is an interface that remains up regardless of the physical layer, so provided that appropriate routing is in place, the lo address will be reachable through the physical interfaces.

Best practices on the top of my mind should include looking at the release notes for the software version you're using, check network requirements and compatibility matrix, interworking, caveats, and reserve time for testing.

I'm sure you'll be just fine

hth