cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stupid question on accessing AA, and using the grantunityaccess command

pdepalma
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 4.0 box in the Domain, no AD integration. When we create subscribers, we used the reg hack to not create NT accounts, as 99% will have accounts already. After creating a subscriber without creating the NT account, a user can't log into Active Assistant without using the grantunityacces command, which links it to a username. OK, thats cool. So what about those uses who don't and will never have an account in the domain, say temp people. I tried adding a local account on the Unity box, but the grantunity access command won't work with local accounts, even if I put the local server name in place of the domain name. Whats the deal here, and am I following sound policy by using this tool for a psuedo single sign on

17 Replies 17

sure, I'll email them to you...

Well..I came in this morning and now I can add them just fine. I did absolutely nothing different.

If you have any idea what was causing this..please let me know.

OK, this is really ODD. I just performed the command via TERMSERVER, and it worked. I did it multiple times, I guess over writing it, and it works all the time. Then, I walked over to the actual server, which I am also logged into with my NT ID, and it didn't work. Must be a windows thing. Can you guys guess what this is.