Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber CallManager Configuration

ayram23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to install subscriber Cisco CallManager in our network. I want to know whether i need to do the same configuragtion that i have done in my publisher server?

Plus i want to install Cisco CRS 3.5 software in my publisher and subscriber servers. I want to know whether i need to configure both the publisher and subscriber for this setup.

Regards,

R. Rajaraman.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you install CallManager, you are prompted to select either Publisher or Subscriber, simply select Subscriber. You will be prompted to enter passwords, etc.

You can install the CRS on the Publisher, the configuration can be done on either CCM server. You can activte CTI manager service on both CallManagers and on the CRS point to both in the JTAPI subsystem configuration to create a redundancy. To install it simple follow CRS Getting Started Guide at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

But can you clarify whether i need to configure the subscriber server as well after installing it ?

Whether i need to do the same configuration carried out in publisher server for the subscriber server or it will automatically take the configuration from publisher server?

Regards,

R. Rajaraman.

The Publisher will publish all configuration to the subscribers. All you need to do on the subscriber is to activate required services, and add it to callmanager group.

Chris

Hi Chris,

If i have installed Cisco CRS in my publisher server and it goes down. Then will subscriber server be able to work on its own and give the functionalities of CRS?

I want this final clarification, Wheter i need to install CRS in publisher and subscriber as well? or else what is the best way to implement CRS along with Cisco CallManager ?

Regards,

R. Rajaraman.

What do you mean it goes down? Does the engine stay in out of service, it's probably due to incomplete configuration. Did you configure jtapi subsystem, cti ports, and route points? Are they associated with jtapi user?

Check out the CRS administratiion guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

You don't need a CRS on the subscriber. And it's not recomanded.

Chris

If you have CRS installed on both the Publisher and the Subscriber, if one of the servers go down, functionality will still be up till the server comes back up.

You do not have to do anything special for the Subscriber - whatever data you have on the Publisher, it is pushed to the Subscriber by the Publisher automatically - you do not have to set up things there seperately. The only thing that you have to do is installing CRS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the reply.

It was really helpful.

Will let you know if any questions come up.

Thanks and regards,

R. Rajaraman.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: