cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

subscriber Templates call handler not found

pambosch
Level 1
Level 1

we have unity 3.1(5) integrated with exchange 2000 (unified messaging).

Recently we can not import new subscribers from exchange into unity. We get a message "templates callhandler not found" when I try to assign a template to the imported subscriber. I run DBWalker tool recently which found and removed some "orphaned call handlers". Is that the problem?

How can I fix the subscriber templates and be able to import new users in unity?

3 Replies 3

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can use the latest version of DB Walker that has an option to recreate this. For more info on this see the following URL:

http://www.answermonkey.net/HelpFiles/dbWalker3x/dbWalker.htm#_Toc42865572

Extract:

Recreating Subscriber Templates

One of the problems that crops up in the field from time to time is the subscriber templates get corrupted due to failed import or create requests for new subscribers in the SA or import tool. While the templates can be fixed by hand using SQL directly or DOHPropTest, it’s not a trivial set of changes and cannot be easily automated. To help deal with this issue more cleanly, a new option has been added in dbWalker under the File menu to recreate the default subscriber templates.

By selecting this option, dbWalker will delete the {Default Subscriber} and {Default Administrator} subscriber templates and their corresponding primary call handlers and recreate them from scratch using the same construction script that the Unity setup uses during installation. This script does not create, remove or edit any other types of objects other than the two default subscriber templates and their primary call handlers.

Each time the template recreation function is run a new log file is generated in the “logs” folder off the dbWalker installation directory. The file name starts with “dbWalker_TemplateRecreation_” and includes a date and time down to the second in the remainder of the file name to ensure it’s unique each time it’s run. It’ll generate a new file each time you run the template recreation script in the same way dbWalker generates a new output file each time you walk the database. Logs for both will stick around in the logs folder for 10 days before being removed automatically the next time you run dbWalker for any reason.

End of extract

Kind Regards

Ullie Versavel

Cisco Support Engineer

dear sir,

thanks a lot for the reply.

I have been using some custom Subscriber templates which I use for the users. These custom templates are based on the {default subscriber}. If therefore the {default subscriber} is deleted, will I don't have problems with my existing users?

Thanks

subscriber templates are only used during creation of new subscribers (i.e. they're used as default values which are copied into the subscriber records when they are created), they have no effect on existing subscribers so you should be fine.

You will probably want to rebuild your custom templates, however, before using them to create new users moving forward.