Views
Helpful
Replies

system design with 4 x VG248 and CM

vassatrian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I am designing system with 4xVG248 (196 analogue phones), 8x7960, CCM, 2611 with HDV1E1 and all connected via Catalyst 3524.

I am little bit concern about 4xVG248: how Catalyst 3524 will handle traffic flows when users start communicating between VG248 (when 48 users will make a call I am expecting to have a traffic around 4 Mb)?

Your advice is appreciated if somebody has experience dealing with this type of designs (especially VG248).

Regards,

Vakhtang.

2 Replies 2

tom.mckenzie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vakhtang,

I have implemented 27 VG248's within the same LAN network (and subnet in terms of management IP address). These are all uplinked to 3524PWR switches, although I have only VG248's or 2924 LRE's connected to these particular 3524's - no PC's. You shouldn't have any difficulty with Bandwidth as the uplinks are 100mb and backplane on the 3524 is several Gbps. I would advise that the VG's are connected to dedicated switches that do not have other devices (PC's) attached. Having said that, as you have only 4 VG's this would be quite wasteful. You can implement the "switchport priority extend cos 0" command on a per port basis of the 3524 that may have PC's connected. Also, the CoS of any traffic seen on the 3524 port as PC traffic (because it is associated with the Native VLAN) should be re-written to 0. The VG248 has its default QoS setting already assigned (DSCP's of 0, 23, and 46 for data, control, and voice).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Tom.

Thank you for your advice.

It really helps me.

Regards,

Vakhtang.