cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

system prerecorded volume lower

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I have posted the simmilar question before. But I input wrong information there. Here is my new question.

My customer experienced low volume for all the system greeting and user greeting. I adjusted volume to -5, everything is fine except for prerecorded system message(like directory handler) is still lower, doesn't setvolume change those also?Thanks

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, set volume does not touch the prerecorded prompts, only greetings and voice name. You could have soemthing setup in the registry that is lowering the overall volume of your playback since -5 db is WAY too loud in most cases. You should set your greetings and voice names to -26 db and then adjust the overall playback volume for everything up until it's loud enough for you. Sounds like the over all playback volume is set low and you've cranked all the greetings and voice names way up and all the prompts (which are recorded at -26 db) are left lower.

this section of the troubleshooting document covers this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0450.htm

Actually I have read this docmentation before, the reality is the integration is unity and NEc2000 PBX. It seems it won't be useful to adjust the playback gain in this scenaio as instruction indicates. Playback is only used in CCM or dual syetem. What do you think, is it still OK for me to try to increase the playback gain in my case? Thanks

Hi Jeff

any update from you?I want get confirm from you before I go to take a try. Thanks

Can I get an update?

Rather than flogging the forum every day demanding answers, you should probably contact TAC... I don't know what to tell you about this issue myself.

Hi Jeff

I'll open a case with Cisco. Meanwhile I am thinking whether I can I rerecord those prerecorded greeting so that they can have the same level volume as user greeting? Thanks.

For those may run into same problem in the future. Here is the answer to increase system wide volume for dialogic card.It can addressed by change registry at : HKLM\software\Active voice\Miu\1.0\Initialization\serviceprovider1\medianvolume. This value by default is 50. The bigger the louder.