cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Toll Bypass with mixed 7/11 digit dialing...

dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

Problem: If a user in office A calls a number in the local calling area of office B, and office B uses mixed 7/11 digit dialing, the Callmanager will drop the 1-XXX from the beginning of the dialed number and the user in office A will receive a, "Please dial 1 before calling this number" message.

We can disable the TollByPass route pattern, but we would like to use it. I researched one of my offices to find out which prefixes were within the local calling area and could be reached with 7-digits. My plan was to add these to the TollByPass Route Filter that contained the area code. However, this one particular office had 338 local calling prefixes in it's area code.

First, can a route filter have that many Clauses?

Second, it would be nice to be able to take a list of prefixes and batch process them into a Route Filter. Is something like that going to be available sometime, or is there someway I can do it now?

2 Replies 2

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

Two things, first verify that you are sending all 7/11 digits across, next, add a route pattern specifically for your toll bypass functions in a separate partition. Put that at the top of the CSS where the gateway lives. That allows you to first match on the 7/11 pattern, and gives you the ability to NOT affect the local translation patterns. EG: On A: 91XXX-XXXX, sends 1XXX-XXXX to PBX B. PBX B has a route pattern that Routes 1XXX-XXXX to the local gateway of B. Optionally, you could send all twelve digits across, 91XXX-XXXX and allow B's route patterns to deal with the call accordingly. I would also recommend that unless you use a different access code for Toll Bypass, ie: Dial 9 for local, Dial 8 for Site B, then you should train the users to always dial the area code and build your translations/routes accordingly.

I have done all of this. Maybe I didn't explain it enough.

I am in a local calling area where every call made requires 10 digits. Callers using toll bypass to call my area do not have any problems.

The problem:

I have some areas where the PSTN allows 7 digit dialing, unless the number is long distance (in the same area code) and then 11 digits are required to the PSTN. In that local area, the CallManager allows the user to dial 7 or 11 digits. However, users in other locations always dial 9,1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and the CallManager takes care of where to route the call. In the 7-digit dialing area, the Callmanager strips off the 1 and area code to make a 7-digit call. This works fine for many calls, but they do have problems when the number is actually long-distance from the office. The PSTN wants 11 digits and the CallManager will only give 7.