Views
Helpful
Replies

Training and certification VoIP

matthewS68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Firstly apologies if I'm on the wrong board - newbie.

traditional PBX engineer with reasonable working knowledge of VoIP. I can get my way around most things, but trouble shooting is very vendor specific and although everything usually just works, I'd like a deeper understanding of how it works. I'm often coming across Cisco products and have zero experience or training. I think I'd like to concentrate on gateways and wifi with a leaning toward VoIP specifically but not a clue where to start in the learning process.

Where should I start - could someone suggest a roadmap of popular topics/devices I should concentrate on, router, switches AP's - how do I become certified and is training best online or will I be able to find a local training provider? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It will depend on exactly what Cisco products you are encountering. I'd start with a basic CUCM/CUC administration class so you understand that core component, and then go onto another class on other products you are working with (Contact Center, CUBE, Webex, etc.)

I'm an instructor for a Tier 1 Cisco Leaning Partner: Sunset Learning Institute - https://www.sunsetlearning.com/

In our classes, without knowing more, I'd start you off with our ACUCM/AUC  course which will give you overall architecture, terms, concepts for Cisco Collaboration, and also basic administrative skills for both CUCM and Unity Connection. It is a really good place to start.

Feel free to reach out here via private message. I'm happy to answer questions about what kinds of classes might work for you. (And I promise to not give your information to our account team until you are ready....lol)

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

It will depend on exactly what Cisco products you are encountering. I'd start with a basic CUCM/CUC administration class so you understand that core component, and then go onto another class on other products you are working with (Contact Center, CUBE, Webex, etc.)

I'm an instructor for a Tier 1 Cisco Leaning Partner: Sunset Learning Institute - https://www.sunsetlearning.com/

In our classes, without knowing more, I'd start you off with our ACUCM/AUC  course which will give you overall architecture, terms, concepts for Cisco Collaboration, and also basic administrative skills for both CUCM and Unity Connection. It is a really good place to start.

Feel free to reach out here via private message. I'm happy to answer questions about what kinds of classes might work for you. (And I promise to not give your information to our account team until you are ready....lol)

Maren

matthewS68
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Maren, I'll look I to that as soon as I can. Usual work pressures are preventing me from carving out some proper time for myself, so baby steps is all I can manage at the moment.