cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tranferring DID numbers directly to operator

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there anyway in CCM where say a customer has 800 DID numbers and all the 800 numbers are not used right now, so as an example someone calls 8580 which is sent down the PRI but since it is not assigned in CCM, CCM will play a busy tone, now the customer had this feature in the PBX where you could say that if something is not programmed in me send it to the operator, can we do something like this in CCM? My thought was you have to either have a CTI port, translation or a dummy phone with a forward all to the operator phone which means then if I have a 100 DID numbers not assigned then all the 100 have to be entered to point to the operator? Is there a quicker way to do this?

I guess the issue is that sometimes the wrong number gets printed in the phone book or the customer dials the wrong number and this way CCM would automatically check to see the numbers programmed in, do a comparison and then automatically have a setting which would say transfer to the operator instead of having to manually define those numbers and translate them to the operator extension.Since they are not contiguous it is hard to use wildcards.

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

In Call Manager, you can create a wild card pattern that will either translate or route calls to whereever you'd like. The best match will take precedence.

So if you have a range of DIDs you can use a translation that says something like:

8[0-8]00 translates to 0 so it goes to the switchboard.

any regular translation or DN that falls within that range but doesn't include wild cards will be matched first.