cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer delay issue

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

When the operator tries to transfer the call it takes 10-15 sec . ALso when dialing out bound it takes longer to dial.

5 Replies 5

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

i have this problem as well.. when transfering between sets on the IP system, seems to be no problem - seems like Call Manager wants to get at least a ring before it'll allow you to release the call..

If anyone has any ideas on this one - that would be great!

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing - does this happen on transfers only or on all calls? I expect on all calls as I can't think of a difference with transfers, though if you are going through a gateway it could add some things to look at.

Can you give some details? Where is the transfer to - internal IP phone or out a gateway? For outbound calls, what protocol are you using for the gateway (H323, MGCP)? Have you looked at the route plan report (show in file) to see if there are any overlapping ranges?

Bottom line - it sounds like you are encountering an inter-digit timeout, meaning that there is more than one option for routing the digits that are dialed. The timeout determines when you are done dialing. The timeout is administrable in CallManager, but you really want to find out why there are overlapping dial strings (patterns) in your dial plan in the first place.

It happens when we dial outbound calls. The gateway we have is H323. I am attaching the Route patterne file . Can yo ufinds teh reason and help me ? Thnx for your help.

2XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

2XXXXXXXXXX LongDistance_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

3XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

3XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

4XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

4XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

5XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

5XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

6XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

6XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

7XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

7XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

8XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

8XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

911 Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

9911 Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

9XXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

9XXXXXXXXX Local_PT Route PSTN_RL PSTN Route List

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have overlapping dial strings. When you dial 2 + 7 digits the CallManager doesn't know if you are going to continue dialing for a 10 digit call (based on your 2xxxxxxxxx pattern) or if you are done. So, it invokes the T302 timer which is what is causing you delay. Same with every other first digit. The route patterns you have may also impact internal numbers - extensions, pickup groups, etc. - based on your ordering of partitions in Calling Search Spaces. This is why an access code (i.e. 9 in the states) is usually used to indicate an outside call, and is not used to start any other extensions.

I don't know exactly what the dialing rules are in your area. One over-all recommendation I would make is to define an access code (i.e. 9) for all outside calls. Next would be to either use Route Filters to define what a local verses service verses long distance verses international call really is, or create similar rules specifically in your patterns (effectively re-creating what has been done in route filters for the @ wildcard). Not knowing what your requirements are (i.e. users absolutely refuse to dial a 1 for long distance calls) I'm not sure what to say. If dialing an access code of 9 and a 1 for LD is OK then I'd say you can get by with patterns of 9[2-9]xxxxxx for local, 91xxxxxxxxxx for LD, 9911 with urgent priority checked for emergency. You'll also need to address 411 if you have it, etc. It doesn't appear as though you're allowing international or operator calls at all. If you want to let people keep dialing without a 1 for LD calls, then the patterns change and it becomes more difficult to avoid time-outs.

Note that since you are using an H323 gateway that there could be time-outs involved there if your dial-peers are not specific. the access code (9) will help greatly there as well.

Thnx for the reply. I will implement that rule and let's see what happens. thnx a lot again.