cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transferred call getting opening greeting

cstewart
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is trying to forward calls from an outside # into the CM/Unity system. The call is being forwarded to a DID. The problem is when the call isn't answered it does not go to voicemail, it goes to the opening greeting. The voice mail for this user works w/ every other call. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused because the title of the post contains "transfer", but the body of the message mentions "forward". Transfers and forwards are a bit different (and troubleshooting could be different depending upon a transfer vs. a foward). Just to clarify, is it...

1) there's an external caller talking to an internal caller, that internal caller transfers the external caller to another internal caller's phone (which happens to be a DID), that phone does not answer, forwards to voice mail but they get the main greeting when they should have gotten the greeting of the mailbox that corresponded to the mailbox of the DID phone.

or...

2) A call is placed to an external number (like a cell phone or something) that is forwarded to an internal IP phone (which happens to be a DID), that phone does not answer and forwards to voice mail, but the caller does not hear the greeting of the mailbox that corresponded to the mailbox of the DID phone.

or...

3)something different.

Also, what shows up in the CallViewer.exe utility on Unity when this call flow happens? AvSkinnyTSP version? Unity version? CallManager version?

My guess is that this user wants calls to that external phone number to go to his voice mail box. If so, add that external number to the Alternate Extensions list for his mailbox in SA.

adam